Whether you plan to replace your house’s window glass or want to buy a new one, you must know about different types of window glasses and their characteristics. This will help you to select the right window glass for your house. Window glasses prevent the sun heat from coming inside the house directly. It also keeps the dust and pollution away from your house. Therefore, you should buy the energy smart glass for your house window.
Below you can find different types of window glasses and basic information about them.
- Insulated windows – Insulated windows are the best choice when it comes to energy efficiency. It keeps the house cool in summer and warm during winters. This window usually has double or triple panes. It helps to prevent the outer noise from coming inside the house. Moreover, the glass used in this window provides good insulation.
- Low Emissivity Glass – This glass has special coating that prevents the harmful ultraviolet rays from coming inside the house. It only provides the appropriate light to come inside. The best feature of this glass is its power to reflect away the harmful sunlight and heat.
- Impact resistant glass – This glass is commonly used in houses that are located in the areas which have higher risk of hurricane. This glass is very popular because of its high resistance power and security benefit. This glass is very strong and it does not break down easily. Apart from protection during the hurricanes, this glass also provides security against potential burglars or intruders. This glass also prevents harmful ultraviolet heat and outside noise from coming inside the house.
- Reflective glass – This glass is mostly used in sunny and warm locations or regions. This glass helps to reduce the solar radiation that helps in minimizing ultraviolet damages at your home. This glass is used in designed houses as well in buildings because it offers visual impact and design versatility. It provides a stylish look to your house windows.
- Heat absorbent tinted glass – This type of window glass has a glaze which reacts to the heat. When it absorbs the heat, the color of glass changes. It helps to minimize the amount of heat or light that enters into the house through window. This is highly energy efficient and it also provides safety, security and privacy. It also offers design versatility.
Nowadays, you can find different manufacturers and sellers of window glasses in the market and online also. It can be tiresome if you search for them in the market. Therefore, it is better to find them online and select the right design, style and type of window glass for your house. Choose the window glass that provides higher energy efficiency.